You have been working hard all year. Your job is hectic, and you are ready to “get away” from the craziness. You know you want to head to the Hawaiian Islands. The question is where. Get ready to go, then, because here is our list of 10 retreats that will recharge your batteries.
- The Hotel Renew- Located at 129 Paoakalani Ave., in Honolulu, HI. This hotel has pampering down to a fine science. The hotel has some great ocean views, and is located just one block off the beach. This spot is not the usual spot for families. You will find more couples here. So, this can be a great spot for a getaway. High tech is all over this eco friendly, smoke free boutique hotel.
- The Halekulani-Located in Honolulu, HI, this fine resting place made the 2007 Conde Nast Traveler Gold List as one of the world’s best places to stay. It is set on 5 acres that are directly on Waikiki Beach. The hotel is also within walking distance of shops, restaurants, and entertainment. The pool has a hallmark orchid floral design that is simply gorgeous. If you go, you must try the spa. The hotel spa specializes in Hawaiian and Polynesian style massage. You can also get a great facial or body wrap. The hair care products use a lot of native ingredients. There are private suites and tandem treatment rooms.
- Hilton Waikoloa Village The Hilton Waikoloa Village is a true retreat in all respects. It can handle two people looking to get away, or a whole company of people. It is located in Waikoloa, HI, on the Kona side of the Big Island. This retreat has all different size rooms, and can even get you into your own suite. There are several pools, lots of resort activities, and a wonderful beach to enjoy. The Kohala spa is wonderful.
- Turtle Bay Resort Turtle Bay is located on the northwestern side of Oahu. It is a completely different atmosphere from Honolulu. Here, life moves a bit slower. They have guestrooms and suites, beach cottages, and Ocean Villas, that will spoil you forever. The resort has two exquisite pools, two golf courses, horseback riding, hiking, and even a surfing school. The Polynesian Cultural Center is also very close.
- Whalers Cove at Poipu This located on the island of Kauai, and is a wonderful retreat set in a condo style rental. The property is luscious, but not as pretentious as many places you could stay. You will have a fully equipped kitchen and daily housekeeping. You can enjoy your private lanai, make use of the ocean front pool, and stroll forever down some of the prettiest beaches in all of Kauai. It is also close to the Poipu Bay Resort Golf Course, which is a real treat.
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa – Get ready to find your new home away from home here. This is a top notch resort, with a world class spa, right at your finger tips. Combine that with the slower lifestyle of the island of Kauai, and you will never want to come home. It is located in Koloa. The mountain views from here are also great. It is first class all the way.
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa This is simply one of the best spots to go for a retreat anywhere in the world, let alone Hawaii. It is located on Kaanapali Beach in Maui. The black rock of Kaanapali meets the ocean here, and is picturesque. This is the retreat for the hopeless romantic. The torch lighting ceremony here is one of the best in the islands. Get ready for serious fun. It will have you saying Maui no ka oi.
- The Hotel Hana Maui This is the best pick for quiet and secluded on our list. It is not the easiest to get to, being located on the Hana Hwy in Maui. Once you get there, though, you will be in the middle of a AAA, four diamond luxury resort. The Honua Spa is legendary, and is an absolute must, if you go. You must also try the lava rock whirlpool. Make sure you use the Spa concierge service. Now how is that for pampering?
- The Four Seasons Resorts Lanai The island of Lanai is one of the world’s best places to go for tranquility. The Four Seasons will help you relax away all the aches and pains you could ever have. The golf courses have some of the best scenery in the islands, so you need to plan to play. The white sand beaches are purely natural wonders. This is the place to stay on Lanai. Bring a good camera.
- The Kona Village Resort completes our list of 10 resorts, and does so in style. This resort will allow to you explore tropical jungle, lagoons, a black sand beach, and a more traditional life style. You will stay in your own thatched roof bungalow, and will not find anyone concrete anywhere. The bungalows are spread out across 82 acres, and are limited, so you will not have a whole lot of contact with other guests. Be prepared though. There are no televisions, no internet in the bungalows. There are even restrictions on the use of your cell phone. There is plenty to do in the area, if you must get away. Otherwise, stay, and melt into the natural surroundings of this traditional piece of Aloha. It might interest you to know that 65 percent of the people who visit this resort return again. Have fun.
So, have we peaked your curiosity? Ready to pack your suitcase? What are you waiting for? Your batteries have been empty long enough!